Information Literacy Center (Library)
Library use has been suspended until further notice.
Please visit the Virtual Library for online resources.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Overdue library books need to be returned to Memorial ILC as soon as possible.
This includes all books from any HCISD campus. No late fees will be charged.
Student account information can be accessed in Follett Destiny (see Virtual Library).
- The mission of the ILC is to provide a safe and positive environment for lifelong learners, creative thinkers, and makers.
- Open school days 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Scheduled visits with reading teacher every two weeks.
- Non-scheduled visits require hall pass and sign-in.
- Respect other ILC users by working, studying, and reading quietly.
- Keep the ILC clean by not eating, drinking, or chewing gum.
- Keep the ILC neat by disposing of trash properly and pushing in chairs.
Areas of Interest
- 8 Computer Stations
- Books: Easy, Fiction, Graphic Novels, Nonfiction, and Spanish.
- Magazines and Popular Reference
- Permission from ILC staff must be obtained prior to use (including printing).
- Parent permission required to use Internet (form received in registration packet).
- Internet safety must be practiced at all times.
- Three books allowed with ID card; two books allowed without ID card. (Two Week Checkout)
- One device allowed with parent permission.
- Fines charged for overdue, damaged, and lost: 25 cents a day ($1.00 maximum) per overdue book, 5-100% book value per damaged book/device, and replacement cost per lost book/device.
- Checkouts and field trips restricted until all overdue books/devices are returned and all fines are paid.
- Received during first week of school.
- Replaced for $3.00 (before and after school).
- Must bring to school every day.
- Must not deface card or a replacement will need to be purchased.